domingo, 6 de março de 2011

Flowers in your hair

So it's Carnival. 

It always amazes me how much people like it. All the mess, the fuss, the music, the crowd. I prefer a quiet little corner and a book to read.

One of the things that have caught my attention this year is the ornamental flower women wear, they've always been there, everywhere. It's the basic accessory. A flower.

It's simple, it's beautiful not I never really have noticed it before. Even if you have nothing, put a flower on and you're good to go. All sizes, colors...

Flowers eveywhere. I guess it's a good thing. Yesterday i saw a woman dressed as Frida Khalo on the ferry boat. I should have asked if I could take a picture.

So, that's the new symbol of Carnival for me. Not the samba or the nakedness, or the sensuality, but the flower. The quintessential minimalistic accessory for any Carnival.

Nenhum comentário: